Rules and Regulations
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF CANADA. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada and (ii) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry. Employees, immediate family members of employees and persons domiciled with employees or immediate family members of Bomar Publishing Inc. (the "Sponsor"), which includes any entity involved in the production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER.The Contest Entry period begins at 10:00 AM ET on April 9, 2010 and closes at 11:59 PM EST on May 17, 2010 (the "Entry Period"). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. To enter, create your profile, upload your image, along with a title and short explanation of your adventure. Images must be high enough resolution to not appear pixelated online in full screen view (at least 480 by 480 pixels). Lower-resolution images will be automatically disqualified. In each case, your entry must be accompanied by your name and e-mail address, and any other relevant information about the image. Limit of five entries (photos) per person or e-mail address during the Entry Period. All entries must be received no later than the end of the Entry Period. All entries become the property of WRG? Communications Inc. and will not be returned. Illegible, incomplete, late or garbled Entries will be disqualified.
3. WINNER SELECTION: (a) The photos will be judged by a panel of Sponsors (the "Sponsors"). A decision will be made by May 20, 2010. Winners will be contacted by e-mail, and will be posted on www.wrgmag.com and on Sponsors sites or stores. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be required to answer a mathematical skill-testing question and will comply with all the Contest Rules. The prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. (b) THE SELECTED ENTRANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification and the selected entrant's response must be received by the Sponsor within five (5) days of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules or the selected entrant does not comply with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected. If after three (3) such attempts the Sponsor has not identified a winner, the Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to a charity of its choice. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive selected entrant's response. The prize will be delivered by mail. (c) Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to execute and deliver the Sponsor’s form of agreement and release (i) confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered and confirming that the entry is the entrant’s own original work, (ii) releasing the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers and agents from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Contest or participating in any prize-related activity or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation costs injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from, and (iii) granting the Sponsor the unrestricted rights, in its sole discretion, to publish without any further compensation the name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice and ideas of that entrant for advertising and promotional purposes. If required by the Sponsor, the entrant shall also deliver a model release executed by all individuals depicted in any entry. The agreement and release, and model release if applicable, must be returned within five (5) business days of the notification date indicated on the notification or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
4. PRIZES. One grand-prize winner will receive a Bruxe Bag and Three Monkeys Shopping spree valued at around $400. Second place will receive a Bruxe Bag and Three Monkeys Gift certificates valued at around $250. Third place will receive a Bruxe Bag and Three Monkeys Gift certificates valued at around $150. People's Choice winner will receive a Bruxe Bag and Three Monkeys Gift certificates valued at around $200. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any and all of the prizes for prizes of equal or greater value should all or part of a prize become unavailable for any reason. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entrants to the contest.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: (a) All entries become property of the Sponsor upon receipt and will not be returned and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Winners will be contacted by telephone and/or email, and will be posted in future issues of Here’s How!. (b) All photo entries will be become property of the Sponsor and may be used for its future campaigns. (c) The Sponsor owns the rights to use the photo winners for any promotional reasons, including in its magazines or web sites. (d) Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
6. INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANTS. By entering the Contest, entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Contest, or participating in any prize-related activity; and (b) agrees to forthwith defend, fully indemnify and hold completely harmless the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers and agents from any and all claims by third parties without limitation.
7. CONDUCT: By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judge, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating the Contest Rules; (c) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release documents or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry). The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
9. ONLINE ACCOUNT HOLDER INFORMATION: In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address, submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrants may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holder of an email address associated with the winning entry.
10. WINNERS LIST. The names of all prize winners will be posted on What's Really Good™, www.wrgmag.com
11. LAWS. These are the official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor.
12. TERMINATION: The Sponsor reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.